I love me a good cheese plate or some nice charcuterie as much as the next person (maybe even more so), but sometimes it’s nice to have something a little healthier and fresher come snack time. This Greek Yogurt Dip fits the bill. The lemon zest and fresh basil add flavor and brightness, while the Chevre goat cheese adds a lovely richness to tangy Greek yogurt. It also helps that this dip literally takes about 5 minutes to make AND can be made ahead of time. This is a win-win for you, your guests, and your appetites.
5 Minute Greek Yogurt Dip with Lemon and Basil
- 1 cup Greek Yogurt (I used Fage 2% Greek yogurt, but any type you have on hand will work. Even fat free)
- 2 oz. Chevre goat cheese, crumbled into smaller pieces (1 log of goat cheese is about 4 oz usually. I just use half of the log)
- 1 T olive oil
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar or lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- a handful of basil leaves, roughly chopped or torn
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Fresh cracked pepper to taste
- Cucumber slices or crackers for serving (though you could also pair this with other crudité style veggies i.e. bell peppers, carrot sticks, broccoli, etc.)
- Hand mixer
- A Zester or Grater (I like the Microplane Grater for zesting)
1) On medium speed, cream the ingredients minus the basil together for 2-3 minutes until thoroughly combined and nicely whipped (it won’t look like whipped cream, nor should it. You just want to incorporate a little air so that the dip is a little lighter and fluffier).
2) Add the chopped basil (you can mix this in with a spoon) and taste to make sure the dip is seasoned to your liking.
*You can serve this immediately or make it a few hours ahead of time and keep it in the fridge. Add the basil right before serving to keep the basil from browning. If making it ahead of time, I like to store it covered with plastic wrap. I place the plastic wrap directly onto the surface of the yogurt dip to prevent any skin from forming on the top of it.
I received no reimbursement for this post. I just felt like making some dip and drinking wine with my parents. Look at how much fun we’re having. And all because I made this awesome dip.