I love laboring over a delicious meal, but most of the time, my schedule calls for something fast and that preferably doesn’t come from a drive-through window. This fig flat bread is super yummy; but most important, it is crazy easy to make. I made it for the first time in 15 minutes on my lunch break. The combination of low-fat greek yogurt and goat cheese is a tangy, creamy accompaniment to the sweetness of the figs and honey. The greek yogurt also adds protein to your meal, while cutting down on the amount of cheese you need, making this healthier than your typical slice of pizza. I served my flat bread with an arugula salad for a quick lunch, but this would also make an easy, last minute appetizer for an impromptu get together or a quick supper.
- 2-3 tablespoons low-fat Greek Yogurt (I used Fage 2% plain Greek Yogurt. I have had equal success with the non-fat version as well the Chobani brand.)
- 1 piece of naan flat bread (I used whole wheat Naan, though any premade pizza crust or sturdy flatbread will do)
- 4 figs, sliced thinnish (this is not the kind of recipe that needs detailed instructions. Just cut the figs however your heart moves you).
- 1 oz goat cheese, crumbled (1/4 of a 4 oz. log of goat cheese)
- Honey for drizzling over the flat bread
- A pinch of Kosher salt to taste
- 1 Baking sheet lined with parchment paper
1) Preheat your oven to 425 degrees and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
2) Take your flat bread and spread the greek yogurt across it in an even layer using the back of a spoon. Sprinkle with a pinch of kosher salt to season it.
3)Next, crumble the coat cheese evenly across the flat bread.
4) Lay the figs out over the goat cheese and yogurt and drizzle the top lightly with honey and a sprinkling of kosher salt.
5) Bake until warmed through, about 7-10 minutes.
6) For added color, turn your oven to broil. Broil the flat bread for 1 minute until the cheese and crust are just beginning to turn golden. Let the flatbread cool on a cutting board for about 5 minutes. Slice and serve.
I received nothing for this post, which is getting ridiculous by the way.